Highway Superintendent – Clay Copeland
Highway Administrator – John Gross
County Road Maintenance can by contacted by calling the Road and Bridge department, Phone (573) 454-2441 or by coming to our Road Dept located at 1640 East Woodlawn, Farmington, Missouri.
Saint Francois County has 410 miles of roadway. There are 73 Box Culverts located in district 1 and 145 Box Culverts located in district 2 for a total of 218 Box Culverts that span 19 feet or less. The State of Missouri inspects 74 bridges in our county.
1640 East Woodlawn
Farmington, MO 63640
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Clay is a lifelong resident of St. Francois County. He was born and raised in Elvins (Park Hills), the son of Les and Shirley Copeland. A father of 3 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, and 4 grandchildren, Clay now resides in Desloge with his wife, Sandy and youngest son Les. Regardless of his place of residence, he will always consider himself an Elvins boy.
Clay is a local graduate of Park Hills Central R-3 High School (1982), Mineral Area College (AS), and Southeast Missouri State University (BS). He is currently enrolled in and participating in the Engineering Program at Mineral Area College.
Clay has been an employee of St. Francois County Road and Bridge for over 24 years. He started out on the bottom, performing the menial labor tasks required of all new employees. Through the years he has served the Road and Bridge Department by working at nearly every position and accomplishing nearly every task required of the department. Because of this, he feels proud to have earned the privilege to now be the Superintendent.
Clay feels humbled that the County Commission places their confidence in him to entrust him to oversee the Road and Bridge infrastructure, as well as the Road and Bridge employees. He takes his job very seriously and strives to provide the county with a frugal, practical, and transparent organization.
He is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and welcomes contact from the public or public safety systems anytime.
John is a resident of Farmington, MO and was born and raised here. He is a 2000 graduate of
Farmington Senior High School and is currently in the Engineering Program at Mineral Area College. He
is married with one son. John has been employed with St. Francois County Road and Bridge for 6 years.
Before coming to work for St. Francois County he was employed for the City of Farmington as a water
and sewer specialist. His past work experiences, he feels, will help the County be a more efficient and
productive municipality. As the Highway Administrator, he looks forward to being a good steward the
taxpayers money to provide them with the necessary upgrades throughout the county.
|Old St. Louis||2||4|
The oldest standing bridge of Saint Francois County was built in 1924.
|Old Cadet||Three Hill||County||12 tons|
|Aulsberry Chapel||Bouyer Creek||County||16 tons|
|Hillsboro||Terre Blue||County||15 tons|
|Davis Crossing||Flat River||County||15 tons|
|Pimville||Harris Branch||Park Hills||12 tons|
|Colony Church||Taylor Branch||County||10 tons|
|Commerce Drive||Koen Creek||Park Hills||4 tons|
|Old Jackson||Branch of St. Francis||County||6 tons|
|Old Jackson||Branch of St. Francis||County||15 tons|
|Gallatin Drive||Indian Creek||Iron Mt. Lake||3 tons|
|Pendelton||Branch of St. Francis||County||12 tons|
|East Street||Trib. Of Big River||Leadwood||12 tons|
|Vo-Tech||Big River||County||5 tons|
|Old Hwy 8||Hayden Creek||County||18 tons|
|Kings||Branch of Flat River||County||8 tons|