Opportunities for employment with the County will be posted here as available. The Saint Francois County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
The St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has an opening for a full-time Assistant Prosecuting Attorney to prosecute traffic, misdemeanor and felony cases. Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys are responsible for staffing Associate Circuit Court, filing misdemeanor and felony cases, and vertically prosecuting misdemeanor and felony cases. The Assistant Prosecutor will regularly appear in court, conduct motion hearings, bench trials, grand jury and preliminary hearings. We manage a diverse criminal docket in a busy circuit. Applicants must be a member of the Missouri Bar in good standing. Interested candidates should have at least 0-4 years of experience, and a strong desire to work in public service. The compensation package includes health and retirement benefits. Please forward a resume to Melissa Gilliam at PA@sfcgov.org or call (573) 756-1955 with questions.
The Assessor’s Office is seeking a full time Deputy Clerk I
It is the responsibility of the Deputy Clerk I to work under the direction of the Real Estate Director and Personal Property Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the public by presenting maps and property record cards, making copies and faxing information to real estate companies, surveyors and other various companies that have requested date and charging the appropriate accounts for the data sold.
- Answering questions about property values and preparing Assessor Certification forms for qualifying taxpayers to receive State Tax Credits.
- Assisting the public by filling out correct information on their Personal Property Assessment List, updating their account and marking received in the system.
- Making sure all assessment lists are scanned in the computer system and correctly edited.
- Assisting taxpayers to correct their personal property tax bills, or adding the taxpayer to the tax rolls by way of court orders in the Vanguard System.
- Deputy Clerk I is also responsible for authorizing waivers for the Collector's Office, filing and processing incoming mail and emails.
The Deputy Clerk I may be given additional duties that may arise by the Real Estate or Personal Property Directors. Starting
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Excellent secretarial skills (e.g., spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Computer proficiency or excitement to learn (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Windows applications, Google)
- Professional attitude and demeanor on the phone, in the office and toward authority, and toward the public
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Hold a minimum of a high school degree
Starting pay $11.00. Please submit your resume in person to the Assessor's Office Monday through Friday 8:00-4:00 at 1 West Liberty Street Suite 200.
St. Francois County is accepting application for a part-time Custodian. 15-20 hours per week. Candidate should possess knowledge of custodial and maintenance techniques and procedures. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. You can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an application at the County Clerk’s office located at 1 West Liberty Suite 300, Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00. Employment is contingent upon passing pre-employment background check.