Opportunities for employment with the County will be posted here as available. The Saint Francois County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
The St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has an opening for an experienced full-time Assistant Prosecuting Attorney to prosecute serious felony cases. Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys are responsible for staffing Associate Circuit Court, Circuit Court appearances filing misdemeanor and felony cases, and vertically prosecuting felony and misdemeanor cases. The Assistant Prosecuting Attorney will regularly appear in court, conduct motion hearings, bench trials, grand jury, preliminary hearings and jury trials. We manage a diverse criminal docket in a busy circuit. Applicants must be a member of the Missouri Bar in good standing. Interested candidates should have at least 3 or more years of experience in prosecution or criminal defense, and a strong desire to work in public service. The compensation package includes excellent health and retirement benefits. Please forward a resume to Karla Roberts at PA@sfcgov.org or call (573) 756-1955 with any questions.
The Assessor’s Office is seeking a full time Deputy Clerk I
It is the responsibility of the Deputy Clerk I to work under the direction of the Real Estate Director and Personal Property Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the public by presenting maps and property record cards, making copies and faxing information to real estate companies, surveyors and other various companies that have requested date and charging the appropriate accounts for the data sold.
- Answering questions about property values and preparing Assessor Certification forms for qualifying taxpayers to receive State Tax Credits.
- Assisting the public by filling out correct information on their Personal Property Assessment List, updating their account and marking received in the system.
- Making sure all assessment lists are scanned in the computer system and correctly edited.
- Assisting taxpayers to correct their personal property tax bills, or adding the taxpayer to the tax rolls by way of court orders in the Vanguard System.
- Deputy Clerk I is also responsible for authorizing waivers for the Collector's Office, filing and processing incoming mail and emails.
The Deputy Clerk I may be given additional duties that may arise by the Real Estate or Personal Property Directors. Starting
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Excellent secretarial skills (e.g., spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Computer proficiency or excitement to learn (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Windows applications, Google)
- Professional attitude and demeanor on the phone, in the office and toward authority, and toward the public
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Hold a minimum of a high school degree
Please submit your resume in person to the Assessor's Office Monday through Friday 8:00-4:00 at 1 West Liberty Street Suite 200.