Opportunities for employment with the County will be posted here as available. The Saint Francois County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
The St. Francois County Clerks Office is seeking applicants for the position of Deputy Clerk/Human Resource Officer. This position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants may contact the County Clerks Office via phone or email that is provided under the General Responsibilities section for further information.
The Deputy Clerk/Human Resources Officer leads the daily organizational Human Resources function for the organization. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of human resources policies and programs and services, including recruitment, retention, legal compliance, employee relations, professional development, employment practices and procedures, and employee events.
- * Maintain knowledge of employment legislation. Ensures organization's compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Serve as an internal organizational consultant, strategic partner, and expert resource to County Leadership and staff, providing counsel, outreach, and service in a variety of HR areas including staff/workforce planning and projection, recruitment and retention strategy, position analysis,conflict resolution, performance management, etc., ensuring consistent application of HR procedures/programs across the County.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the County’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Work directly with department leadership and supervisors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Responsible for managing the department budget and organizational professional development budget.
- Coordinate job training/development opportunities with management to ensure continued learning of staff.
- Ensure the maintenance of a human resource information system that meets the County’s personnel information needs.
- Conduct job, compensation and education analysis to establish specific requirements for individual positions within each department for the creation and oversight of job descriptions.
- Responsible for advising management team on all employee terminations.
- Work in partnership with County Leadership to foster and promote a diverse, inclusive and equitable work place that respects, celebrates and leverages the unique experiences of every employee.
- Serve as back-up for benefit and payroll information and processes.
The St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney’s office is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Legal secretarial duties - Maintaining well organized files, preparing discovery, assist attorney with trial
• Answering phones, greeting individuals and answering general questions
• Accurate and efficient data entry of court information into electronic file system (Karpel)
• E-filing documents with the courts through Case.net
• Scanning, copying, filing, and other general office support duties
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Punctual & reliable attendance demonstrated at recent employer or educational institution.
• Excellent secretarial skills, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Computer proficiency (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Windows applications, Internet skills etc.).
• Be deadline oriented, attentive to detail, and possess outstanding organizational skills.
• Professional attitude and demeanor on the phone and in the office.
• Motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision.
• Must be able to follow instructions, guidelines and office procedures.
• Hold a minimum of a high school degree with an established resume or an associate’s degree in legal
• Prior legal experience not required, but is a plus.
You may email resumes to email@example.com or drop them by the office in person Monday thru
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.